A Celebration of Harry Potter – Universal Studios Orlando
Potterheads unite! For the past 4 years, at the end of January/early February, Universal Studios Orlando has held A Celebration of Harry Potter. This special event brings together Harry Potter fans with the actors and artists who helped bring J.K. Rowling’s magical world to the big screen.
During this three-day event, not only do you have the opportunity to enjoy the everyday amazingness of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, BUT can also look forward to the following:
- Q & A sessions with the film talent. In the past such actors as Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) have attended! (Among others!)
- Master wand classes. These classes are taught by Paul Harris, the choreographer who created the wand combat choreography for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Celebration of Harry Potter Expo. The Expo is jammed packed with Harry Potter awesomeness. You can be sorted into a Hogwarts house by the Sorting Hat, purchase limited edition memorabilia, and check out props used in the actual films!
- Kids’ Harry Potter Film Trivia
- Kids’ Dance Like a Beauxbatons, Battle Like a Durmstrang
- House Rallies! Show your house spirit!
ALL of the above Harry Potter activities are included in the price of your park ticket. IF you are looking for a little more Harry Potter Magic, Universal DOES offer A Celebration of Harry Potter vacation packages that include extras, one of which (AND my absolute favorite!) being a an exclusive after park hours evening inside the Wizarding World. Guests have access to ALL of the Harry Potter attractions in both Diagon Alley AND Hogsmeade (including the Hogwarts Express!). If that is not awesome enough, guests are also provided free desserts and Butterbeer. Yum butterbeer!
Are you tempted to attend A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018? I sure am ready to go again! Packages are released in late summer and sell out quickly! If you are looking for the perfect gift for the Potterhead in your life, THIS IS IT! Contact me today to be placed on my A Celebration of Harry Potter vacation package waiting list. You do not want to miss this amazing event!
Are you planning a trip to Universal in Orlando and need a little assistance? I am here! My name is Lizeth and I am an Orlando destination specialist. Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.