Epcot’s 2017 Flower and Garden Festival kicks off March 1st and runs until May 29th. Most of the events during the Festival are included in your Epcot theme park ticket. When planning your must-do list make sure the Festival activities on your list do not require a separate purchase or have a separate admission fee!
Are you attending the Festival for the first time? Here is my list of Festival must-do’s!
- Garden Rocks Concert Series –The Garden Rocks Concert Series gives guests a beautiful outdoor venue where guests can jam out to the classics. Grab a seat and enjoy tunes Friday through Monday during the Festival.
- Outdoor Kitchens – Yum! Disney never disappoints when it comes to food. These “kitchens,” which are a lot like the booths at the Food and Wine Festival, offer delicious small plates that allow you to sample fresh flavors from the garden. The price range for these snacks are between $3.00 and $8.00 dollars and many can be purchased with Disney Dining Plan snack credits!
- Kid Play Areas – Sit back and relax (And grab a beverage and snack from the outdoor kitchens!) while the kids run around various play areas, gardens and exhibits. There is even a “Cars” themed interactive play garden! Rumor has it that a new character from the June 2017 release of “Car’s 3” will make its debut! Make sure to check it out!
- Events & Tours – Throughout the Festival, Disney horticulturalists and gardening gurus will conduct seminars! Listen carefully! They might just share an awesome tip for you to try out in your own garden! I myself can use all the help I can get!
- Topiaries – Probably the highlight of Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival for me are the topiaries. I love them! They are beautiful and with almost 100 topiaries to marvel at you could spend the day just seeking them out! While all of the topiaries are special, be on the lookout for a new topiary garden at the entrance of Epcot featuring Minnie, Daisy, Mickey and Pluto. Belle will also be receiving a makeover this year! No doubt just in time for the premiere of the new live action “Beauty and the Beast” in March! Last but not least on my topiary list…. Wait for it…. Wait for it….. A 6-foot tall FIGMENT topiary will be on display!
As you can see, Epcot’s 24th Annual Flower and Garden Festival is going to be amazing. There is something for everyone to enjoy. If you are going to be visiting Epcot this spring, schedule a little time in your plans to check out some of the must-do list above!
Planning a trip to Walt Disney World and need a little assistance? I am here! My name is Lizeth and I am a Disney Travel Specialist. Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.