There are so many resorts to choose from at Walt Disney World! There are 3 levels of resorts- Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. How do you choose? You have to decide what is important to you and what your budget will allow. I say that if you can make a Deluxe Resort fit into your budget, you should choose one of those. And Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is one of the best choices because of the following 5 reasons:
- Nautical Theme- You can delight in this New England Yacht Club styled resort. There are ship models, steering wheels from ships, and nautical charts displayed in the lobby. The color scheme is sea blue with touches of red. The cast members lend to the story by wearing Yacht Club jackets. Overall, you’ll swear you’re in New England, not Florida!
- Friendly Cast Members- From the moment you arrive, you’ll interact with the friendly cast members at Yacht Club. The staff at the bell desk will greet you with a smile and direct you to the front desk. The front desk cast members will handle your check in (unless you’ve done online check in and you can go directly to your room- ask me about this option!) or send you to the Club Level cast members if you’ve chosen that upgrade. I even enjoyed the cast members in the gift shop during my most recent stay. They were delightful.
- Pool- This is one of the biggest reasons to stay at Disney’s Yacht Club! The Yacht Club boasts a 3-acre water wonderland with a sand bottomed pool and a circular lazy river. You can choose from 3 different pools and swim the day away in the 750,000 gallons of water at the resort. You can slide down one of the highest waterslides in all of Walt Disney World and explore the life sized shipwreck replica. The water activities at this resort might make a good reason to plan a pool day in addition to your park days. So much water fun!
- Amenities- Because Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is a Deluxe Resort, they offer many excellent amenities such as restaurants, gift shops, full service fitness center including tennis courts (because what yacht club is complete without tennis?), and a supervised children’s activity center. The restaurants you’ll find include Yachtsman Steakhouse- a table service restaurant, Captain’s Grille- a buffet restaurant, Crew’s Cup Lounge- a table service restaurant, and the Ale and Compass Lounge- a quick service option. You also have easy access to the dining options at Beach Club Resort including the amazing Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.
- Location- This is my favorite reason to stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. You will enjoy a short walk or boat ride to the back entrance to Epcot, a short boat ride to Disney’s Hollywood Studios or the Disney Swan and Dolphin, and a very short boat ride to Disney’s Boardwalk. If your favorite park is Epcot or your visit includes attending the Food and Wine Festival or the Flower and Garden Festival held in Epcot, this would be an ideal location for you. Also, with the Frozen Ever After attraction located in the World Showcase in Epcot, if you aren’t able to get a FastPass, staying close to the back entrance of the park gives you an advantage on an early morning run to Anna and Elsa’s world.
In short, I highly recommend a stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. For the reasons above and so many more, I’d love to help you book and plan your next Walt Disney World Vacation and include Yacht Club in your itinerary. My name is Jeri May and I will be glad to help you “captain your ship”. You can reach me at Jeri@TravelwiththeMagic.com or 1-800-670-4312 x 14