I hear the question quite often, “Why should we stay on property?”
As a self-professed Disney addict and now travel agent I have stayed both on and off Disney property. The experiences are polar opposites and the added value, conveniences and comforts make staying on property an easy decision. If you are in the planning stages of a Disney World vacation and on the fence about whether to stay on or off property let me share with you my 11 Reasons to Stay on Property.
11. Uniquely Themed Resorts –Where else can you wake up to giraffes out your balcony or have your picture taken with larger than life movie props? All of this can be done at a Disney resort and with over 20 resorts picking one can be a challenge. Having an experienced travel agent to help narrow the search will give your family the themed vacation of your dreams.
10. Extra Magic Hours – A privilege exclusive to resort guests, Disney offers select parks 1 hour before or 2 hours after regular park hours each day. If you are an early riser or night owl be sure to take advantage of these hours because they generally have little to no wait times for attractions.
9. Free Parking on Property– Staying off property can mean driving to each park you wish to visit and parking recently increased to $17 per day per park. That means if you are planning to park hop you would be spending a minimum of $34 per day. However by staying on property you are exempt from all parking fees and one can see how these savings could really add up over your vacation duration.
8. Free Transportation on Property – Disney offers a variety of transportation throughout property depending on the resort and park. Between the monorail, boats and buses Disney has you covered and with the right travel agent we can ensure your family has the perfect accommodations to make your vacation effortless.
7. Magical Express – Did you know Disney offers free roundtrip motorcoach service from Orlando International Airport with baggage service? Yes, free!! Upon arrival in Orlando bypass baggage claim and step onto the coach assigned to your resort. Once checked-in to your hotel you are free to go wherever you wish and your bags magically appear in your room 2-3 hours after landing.
6. Package Delivery Service-Do you like to shop, but don’t want to lug those packages all day? No problem, simply tell the clerk you are staying on property and would like to utilize the package delivery service. The next day drop by your resort’s gift shop and pick up your packages! How great is that?
5. Disney 24/7 Customer Service – Disney is known for going out of their way to make your trip as magical as possible in the parks, but you may be surprised how much that rolls over into the resort. From the front desk to mousekeeping, they really try to make your stay personal and unique
4. Magic Bands-Magic Bands are a new all-in-one device that links your room key, park pass, Fastpass+ selections, Memory Maker images, and dining plan together plus it allows you to charge incidentals to your resort room. As a resort guest you are able to order customized bands FREE of charge to be shipped to your home. The Magic Bands work in conjunction with the My Disney Experience website and app as part of the new MyMagic+ technology. Offsite guests are able to purchase non-customized MagicBands in the parks for $12.95 each, so it’s another reason to stay on property.
3. 60 day Fastpass+ Selection– As a property guests you are able to pre-plan 3 fastpasses per day per park 60 days prior to your check-in date vs off site guests aren’t eligible until 30 days prior. Fastpasses allow you to skip the stand-by line and opt for a much shorter line and Disney gives you variety of rides, shows and character experiences to choose from that utilize the Fastpass system. That being said the 30 day advantage is key for getting Fastpasses for attractions like the Anna & Elsa meet and greet, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Soarin’, Test Track and Toy Story Mania as their stand-by lines generally have a minimum 90 minute wait.
2. Convenience – There isn’t a more convenient place to stay than on property, whether you are exiting the parks to hop a bus or walking back to your resort for an afternoon nap or for the day, the closer proximity allows you to make the most out of your time while on vacation.
1. Disney Dining Plans– This is the biggest reason I believe people should stay on property, the Disney dining plans are designed to allow guests to have a final vacation costs all while saving your family money!! I tell my clients that other than tips and souvenirs the Dining Plans give you a total price inclusive cost (room, tickets and dining plan). With five plans to choose from there is one to fit every family’s budget and gastronomy wishes!
With all of these important factors to consider, you can see how planning a trip to Disney can be overwhelming and that’s where my FREE services come in. From start to finish, I’m here to make the planning effortless and your vacation seamless so all you have to do is show up for the most magical vacation your family may ever take (that is until your next one)! So if you are ready to get started planning your first or next vacation then contact me today. I’m available through Facebook, email or phone (800)670-4312, Extension 144.
Hope to See Ya Real Soon!