When reservations at select Disney restaurants are hard to get, you have to wonder “but is it really worth it?” Here’s my list of what I think it worth the hype at Walt Disney World!
1. Be Our Guest – Magic Kingdom – To me, this is the epitome of Disney magic. When you step into the main ballroom, you feel as if you have been placed directly in a scene from Beauty and the Beast. Not to mention, the food is fantastic! If dining at dinner time, you will have an opportunity to meet The Beast! Please note that this can be a very hard reservation to obtain, so it is necessary to reserve 180 days in advance!
2. 50’s Prime Time Café – Hollywood Studios – This is probably my favorite restaurant on Disney property for a number of reasons! The first being that the theming is impeccable! The dining area looks like a 1950’s family kitchen, and your waitress might just ask you to call her “mom”! The menu offers home cooked comfort foods such as fried chicken and meatloaf – yum!
3. 1900 Park Fare – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – This buffet character meal is one of my favorites! The buffet offers a great variety, was popular with everyone in my group, and was easy to navigate! The character interactions are really what make this restaurant great, though! This restaurant features different characters at breakfast and dinner, but dinner is my favorite – you can meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia (Cinderella’s stepsisters!!). The interactions with each are incredible and some of my favorite memories!
4. Cinderella’s Royal Table – Magic Kingdom – This is a controversial choice to some as this restaurant does come with quite the price tag but where else in the world are you going to eat inside of Cinderella’s Castle?! Here you’ll also meet Cinderella and her friends, including Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel (princesses vary at each meal time!). The price tag is high, but the memories are unforgettable at this once in a lifetime dining spot!
5. Beaches and Cream Soda Shop – Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Burgers, sandwiches and salads are what’s on the menu at Beaches & Cream, but the stars of the show are the desserts! I suggest trying the Kitchen Sink if your family can handle it! This dessert consists of five different flavors of ice cream and then topped with every topping you could think of!!
All of Disney’s restaurants are fun and will provide lasting memories, but some you just have to try! For me, I have to try them more than once just to make sure I love them and these have stood the test of time and I keep going back to trip after trip!
“My name is Haley Tucker and I am a Disney vacation planner affiliated with Travel with the Magic! I offer to help plan your vacation from start to finish, from choosing the right resort for your family, to choosing the perfect dining experiences and FastPass selections! My services are always FREE to my clients! Email me today to get started on the vacation of your dreams!