The Festival of the Lion King is a 30 minute, action packed show fun for all ages at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. While there are a lot of attractions that may divide your time while visiting this park, be sure not to miss the Festival of the Lion King. Here are five reasons why:
- New location: It wasn’t that long ago that the show packed up, and took up new residence in the Harambe Theater in Africa. This new location has great theming, and the queue for the shoe is underneath a shaded covering so you don’t have to stand out in the sun while you wait. Or, you could just get a fastpass and bypass the waiting all together!
- Audience involvement: One of the fun things about this show is the crowd participation. Each section of the theater gets to be a different animal, and there is even a competition between the sections. You are even taught hand motions and animal noises! My favorite part has to be towards the end when lucky children are chosen to get up and dance with the performers around the stage. It’s adorable!
- Fire and tumble monkeys: No, not at the same time, but wow, those acrobatics of the tumble monkeys and the awesome fire twirler will leave your mouth wide open in awe. I don’t want to spoil it, so I will leave it at that.
- Beautiful music: Sing along with your favorites from the Lion King in this Broadway style production. The music is amazing and the voices of the performers are breath taking. The 30 minutes goes by so fast!
- Costumes: So much detail goes into the costumes of the dancers, there is so much intricacy! From the stilt walkers to the performers dressed as animals, everyone fits right in with the African theme, and it is a beautiful sight.
Be sure to schedule some time into your day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to check out this show. Pick up a times guide on your way into the park to see the day’s schedule. You will be glad you did!