Walt Disney World is the top family vacation destination, but who says you can’t enjoy it without kids? Here are a few of my absolute tried and true tips for a great vacation!
1. Splurge on a Deluxe Resort. Deluxe resorts are appealing to adults for the upscale styling as well as convenient locations! Staying in a Magic Kingdom area resort is a fabulous idea because you’ll have monorail access to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The Contemporary is a great choice for those who love modern touches, while The Grand Floridian is great for those who want a lush experience! For those who want to be close to Magic Kingdom, but feel far away – The Wilderness Lodge is the one for you!!
2. Plan around your dining experiences! When traveling with children, it is obvious you’ll be planning your vacation around attractions and character experiences. While those things are still important when traveling without kiddos, now is your chance to really get adventurous with your dining choices! Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival (which normally takes place late September through November), is a great time to enjoy fun and unique cuisines from around the world! Center your trip around this fun festival and you are guaranteed a great vacation!
3. Take it slow. When going to Disney, I often have this feeling of urgency, that I have to pack it all in or I won’t make the most of my trip. Not true!! As I’ve come to learn, the slower I tour the parks, the MORE fun I end up having! Take it slow, space out your FastPasses so you aren’t rushing from attraction to attraction, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Happiest Place On Earth.
4. Check out some of Disney’s bars! On my most recent vacation, we made a detour over to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto & Tiki Bar, located in the Polynesian Village Resort. What a FUN experience! After 8 pm, this incredibly themed tiki bar is only open to ages 21+ making for a more relaxed vibe. Order a few appetizers, try one of their signature drinks (we had the Shrunken Zombie Head!) and enjoy your tropical surroundings!
5. Relax with a spa experience! From manicures and pedicures to relaxing massages, you’ll enjoy this serene experience at Senses Spa, which is located at two Disney Resorts — The Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs Resort. I can’t think of a better Disney day than a mid-morning spa treatment at Senses and evening fun at Epcot!
I hope some of these tips can help you rethink your Disney trips when it comes to traveling without kids! My name is Haley Tucker and I am a Disney vacation planner affiliated with Travel with the Magic. I love helping plan the vacation of your dreams, whether it’s a trip for only adults or a big family vacation – I’m here to help you and make your dreams comes true! Contact me today for a free, no-obligation quote and let’s get started on your magical vacation!