Attention photography enthusiasts and family memory keepers. I have compiled my favorite tips for documenting your awesome Disney vacation!
1. Snap, snap, snap! In the age of digital cameras you can never ever take too many photographs. My photography mantra is “splurge now, purge later.”
2. Take notes. I know, I know, how is that fun? It doesn’t have to be intensive or time consuming. A few sentences about the highlights of the day or a funny or extra memorable event will do. Write things down? What? With a pen? You do NOT have to actually physically write anything down. Yes, it IS acceptable to use your smartphone!
3. Take pictures of everything. Of course capture those iconic Disney pictures in front of Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom and the Sorcerer’s Hat in Hollywood Studios, BUT don’t forget to document the little things such as your favorite Disney treat or the grounds of the beautiful Disney resort you stayed in.
4. Get the entire family involved! Let them take some of the pictures and ask them what their thoughts are about different rides or attractions.
5. Participate in a Disney photo hunt. Before your trip jot down a few image ideas. While you are touring the parks check off each idea as you collect them. This might even help with the little people (and in some cases big people) in your lives that aren’t always up for taking pictures. I have found that if the act of taking a picture is part of a “game” subjects tend to be more agreeable.
6. Finally and most importantly…. Enjoy your photographs. Find ways to display your beautiful memories. Don’t let your photographs go unloved on a flash drive! I myself am guilty of this. Get prints for a traditional album or create a photobook online. Use them to relive your amazing family vacation until you and yours can get your next dose of Disney!