Our next Disney vacation is coming up and I can hardly contain my excitement! Fun at the parks is not the only thing I have a plan for. Planning fun resort activities is a must! Some time in the middle of our trip we also set aside a “resort day” where we take it easy and further take advantage of all the fun our resort has to offer. Port Orleans Riverside will be our home away from home this trip and I have compiled a resort bucket list I would LOVE to tackle on our resort day AND any other time we are not touring the parks!
1. A surrey bike adventure! What the heck is a surrey bike you say? A surrey is a four wheeled bike. The ones available for rent at Port Orleans Riverside can hold either two or four passengers. What an awesome way to tour the beautiful grounds of the Port Orleans Riverside!
2. Relax in the hammock. Take it easy! You are on vacation right?
3. Romantic horse-drawn carriage ride! Since grandma is going to partake in the fun this trip, we may be sneaking out one night after the kids go to bed to try this out!
4. Catch the Ye Haa Bob Jackson show at the River Roost Lounge! Bob performs a very popular piano sing-along on select nights. Be ready to participate! What could be better than a comedy show and a delicious beverage (whatever your favorite might be)?
5. Hit the play area located on Ol’ Man Island, but beware, it might be hard for your kids to leave.
6. Scat Cat’s Club in Port Orleans French Quarter. Wait? Didn’t you say this was a list for Port Orleans Riverside? This lounge IS located just off the main lobby of the Port Orleans French quarter, BUT it is a quick trip by boat or stroll from the Port Orleans Riverside! Check out some awesome piano and jazz vocals on select nights!
7. Movie Under The Stars. Many of the Disney resorts offer this awesome FREE activity.
8. Catch some fish at the Fishin’ Hole! This fishing hole offers catch-and-release cane pole fishing. The pond is stocked with catfish, bluegill and bass. What an awesome way to bring in a little nature into your Disney vacation!
I can’t wait to tackle this bucket list! Don’t forget to spend time at your resort. The parks are amazing, BUT there are also memories to be made and fun to be had at your resort! Planning a trip to Disney World? I would love to help! Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.