The Enchanted Tiki Room is located in Adventureland at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. This show is one of the all-time classics and was the first attraction to use audio-animatronics when it first opened on June 23, 1963 at Disneyland. It is believed that Walt Disney had a mechanical bird in a cage at his Burbank office, which was the inspiration behind creating this attraction. If these facts do not already have you running to see this mesmerizing attraction read below for the top five reasons to visit the Enchanted Tiki Room.
- One of the main reasons to visit The Enchanted Tiki Room is the show! 55 + Singing Birds such as Toucans, Cockatoos, Macaws, and many other tropical birds sing, talk, and more all while perched above the crowd amongst rafters. The birds that steal the show are the four Macaws, Jose, Michael, Pierre, and Fritz, not only are they hysterical they are also mesmerizing to watch.
- The second reason to visit the Tiki Room is the music. This show uses many well-known songs, such as “Let’s All Sing like the Birdies Sing,” a version of” Heigh-Ho,” from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’, and the “Hawaiian War Chant,” just to name a few. But no song is more popular and more memorable then “In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Room, All the Birds Sing Words and the Flowers Croon, In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room.”
- The third reason to see this attraction is that it is perfect for all ages. There are moments where the music gets a little loud and there is some darkness at times. So, as long as your children are okay with these things it is truly the perfect attraction for all ages. This is one of the few attractions that will truly entertain all ages, babies enjoy all the sounds and colors, kids love all the singing and the “storm,” and parents appreciate all the humor and nostalgia.
- The fourth reason to visit this attraction it is fully air conditioned! So it is a great place to get out of the heat, cool down, and get off your feet for a few minutes. Also this show is located in a circular shaped building so not matter where you sit you will have a good view. Another perk is the wait for this show is usually pretty short which is always a plus!
- The fifth reason to visit this attraction is for the popular Dole Whip treats available at the Tiki bar located near the Tiki Garden entrance at Disneyland. There are two counters, one inside the Tiki Garden and one outside the garden area. Both lines are usually short so it is a great way to eat a tasty treat while waiting your turn to go into the Tiki Room. At Walt Disney World you can purchase these tasty treats in Adventureland at Aloha Isle. If you have never tried a Dole Whip you absolutely have to try one during your next visit to Disney. They are non-dairy, soft serve frozen treat made with puree and water then they are frozen before serving. They come in three delicious flavors orange, vanilla, and pineapple.
The Enchanted Tiki Room show is truly one-of-kind and I hope it is around for years to come for all generations to enjoy. It is not only fun and; it is one of the best ways to experience Disney in a memorable way. I would love to help you plan your next Disneyland or Walt Disney World vacation please feel free to contact me at Carrie@travelwiththemagic.com for your FREE Quote today!