Celebrated as not only one of Disney’s longest running attractions, but the longest running-musical in the history of American theater the Hoop Dee Doo Revue recently celebrated its’ 40th anniversary in 2014 with over 37,000 performances and over 10.5 million guests. In honor of this great milestone during our most recent trip we decided to check it out and it was a hit with everyone in my crowd!
1. The Details – Located in Pioneer Hall at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground this dinner show offers three shows per day and sells out almost every performance with 362 seats.
2. The Setting – This laid back family style picnic set in a rustic dance hall allows you to come straight from the park to dinner with no need to worry about your attire just remember your appetite. With the fare by the bucket full and beverages in the mason jar, Disney’s Hoop-Dee-Doo allows everyone to interact and relax in a homestly atmosphere.
3. The Cast – The Pioneer Hall Players feature Flora Long and Jim Handy and the lead singers. Claire de Lune and Johnny Ringo are the key dancers while Dolly Drew and Six Bits Slocum complete the cast as the show’s witty duo.
4. All you can EAT – I already warned you to bring your appetite because there is some finger lickin’ food here and everything is served family style. Upon entering the hall their famous cornbread, honey butter and salad is waiting for you and then bottomless mashed potatoes, baked beans, seasonal vegetables, fried chicken and smoked ribs come out later. Don’t forget to save room for dessert!!
5. Good Ole Clean Family Fun – While the setting for the show is an old Western saloon there is no part of this show that isn’t family friendly. I’ll be the first to admit I thought the show might be cheesy, but was really pleased with the amount of adult and kids humor throughout.
6. All you can Drink (over 21 version) – Beer, Wine and Sangria it’s included, yes you read that right this is one of the limited locations that alcohol is included with your meal and there are a few selections to choose from such as chardonnay, rosé, merlot, Bud Light, Yuengling draft and the house specialty, Beso Del Sol red Sangria.
7. All you can Drink – Hoop Dee Doo offers Coke products such as: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Braq’s Root Beer as well as unsweet tea, lemonade, coffee, apple juice, milk or chocolate milk.
8. The Cornbread – Growing up in the South I have a true appreciation for cornbread and y’all this is the real deal! Fresh out of the oven and still warm it’s waiting for you on the tables once the doors are opened along with creamy honey butter. The combination makes my mouth water just thinking about it and second helpings may have to be requested, after all it is all you can eat.
9. Dessert – What can I say, it’s my favorite part of any meal and the strawberry shortcake here is the perfect ending. Light and fluffy it’s simply scrumptious!
10. What are you celebrating? – During the show they take a moment to recognize all the celebrations happening, whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon – anything really, the cast will acknowledge it in a fun way. I can’t give away all the secrets!
11. Great for large groups – Some restaurants have a difficult time with large parties, but here you are welcomed with open arms. Just beware you are more likely to get attention from the cast and may be center stage before you know it!
12. Flexible Show Times – With the three daily shows at 4:00, 6:15 and 8:30 pm there is a show time that fits into every family’s schedule. After stuffing yourself at dinner stroll outside where you can take a carriage or wagon ride around the campground or visit Tri-Circle-D Ranch.
13. Great Value – Prices range from $58.99 – $67.99 per adult, children are less, depending on which of the three price categories you choose if you are paying out of pocket. On the dining plan, even better, the show requires 2 table service credits per person, but all tickets include sales tax and gratuity.
Do you want to put the Hoop-Dee-Doo on your next trip’s bucket list? Let me help and as always all of my services are FREE: dining reservation, fastpass+ selections, help with My Disney Experience it’s all included. Think of me as your personal Disney concierge! Don’t want to visit a Disney property, that’s ok I can send you just about anywhere else you want to go! Contact me today via Facebook, Pinterest, email or phone at 1-800-670-4312 Extension 144 to get started planning today or click here to request a quote.
As always I hope to hear from you real soon!