When going to Disney, whether you are a planner or like to wing it, here are some tips to making it stress free.
1. Make your dining reservations ahead of time. Even if you like to be flexible, I recommend making one table service reservation a day. This will give everyone some downtime and your feet a break. You can make your dining reservations as early as 180 days in advance of your arrival date.
2. Schedule your 3 Fastpass+ attractions for each day. This will ensure that you will have short wait times for some of your favorite rides. Especially when vacationing with children, this will make it more enjoyable not having to wait in long lines. Once you have used your first 3 Fastpass+ selections, you can visit one of the kiosks located in the park, to make an additional Fastpass+ selection. Once that additional one is used, you may return again for another selection.
3. Take a break in the middle of the day. Go back to your Disney Resort for some rest and refreshment. Take some time to cool off at the pool or take a short nap. If you have refillable mugs, it’s a great time to get a free drink. Once you have enjoyed your break, you will feel rejuvenated to head back to the park and enjoy the magic of the night!
4. Go with the flow. This can be challenging if you are a planner like me. I have found this is key to maintaining a low stress vacation. If your kids are done for the night, then head back to your resort. It’s easy to want to get everything in because this is your “one and only Disney trip”. Once you’ve gotten a taste of the Disney Magic, you will be planning your next trip before you know it!
5. Don’t forget, your kids are still your same kids whether they are at home or in the Happiest Place on Earth. Have realistic expectations of how much your kids can handle. We all have an idea of how perfect the trip is going to be and that our kids will be happy every minute of the vacation. Being flexible will help keep their enjoyment at a high and yours too!
Remember to smile, laugh and go with the flow and you will have a Magical time!
I’m Melanie Gifford, a Disney Vacation Planner affiliated with Travel with the Magic. I would love to help you plan your dream vacation! My services are always free! Contact me today at Melanie@travelwiththemagic.com or call me at 1-800-670-4312 ext 141. You can find me on Facebook for more Disney tips. I look forward to hearing from y