10. Disney’s Contemporary Resort has some of the largest standard rooms you’ll find on Disney property. It’s nice to have some extra space and not feel so crammed into a tight space. Standard rooms can sleep up to 5 guests with two queens and a day bed.
9. Awesome views! Whether you are located in the tower and have a Theme Park view or a Bay Lake view, you really can’t go wrong with either one. Yes, having a view of the fireworks at night and watching the boats and monorail go by is awesome but so is looking out at the lake and pool. With a Bay Lake view, you can watch guests as they parasail and see the Characters in Flight balloon go up and down off in the distance at Downtown Disney. Both views are wonderful in their own way. Even if you are in the Garden Wing, you may get a view of the lake, marina, pool or monorail.
8. It’s a great place to relax at the pool or on the beach! Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers two pools, water slide, spray ground for the kids, hot tub and cabana rentals. There’s also The Sand Bar nearby if you would like to order a bite to eat or drink. During the evening, you can roast marshmallows and view a Movie under the Stars on the beach.
7. You get a great view of Disney’s Electrical Water Pageant!
6. Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers the least expensive rooms on the monorail! Staying on the monorail can be expensive. The Garden Wing rooms at Disney’s Contemporary Resort offer the least expensive option and they are the exact same rooms as you’ll find in the tower!
5. Not only is Disney’s Contemporary Resort located ON the monorail but it also goes right THROUGH the tower!
4. From Presidential visits to five legged goats, Disney’s Contemporary Resort has some great history! It is one of two resorts that have been around since Disney World opened. Did you know it was considered the flagship resort before Disney’s Grand Floridian was built? Contemporary Resort came from Walt Disney’s Progress City vision. The fact that Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland and Disney’s Contemporary Resort are located within eye sight of each other is no accident. Inside the tower you won’t be able to miss the colorful mosaic mural created by Mary Blair, a well known artist and Imagineer.
3. You’ll find Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre located in the marina which offers parasailing, watercraft rental, tubing and water skiing. You can also rent a private pontoon boat complete with driver and set sail on a fireworks cruise!
2. Awesome dining choices! You truly can’t go wrong with any of the dining options at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. You can enjoy a fine dining experience complete with fireworks view at California Grill, buffet with Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey’s or a delicious meal at The Wave…of American Flavors. If you are just looking for something quick to eat, Contempo Cafe is a great option and if you want some gourmet coffee you’ll find Contemporary Grounds.
1. Convenience! It just doesn’t get more convenient, especially to Magic Kingdom. You can walk to Magic Kingdom or hop on the monorail to go to Magic Kingdom or the Ticket and Transportation Center. You’re close enough to hear the train whistle, see the boats and monorail going by, take a peak into Tomorrowland and get a great view the nightly fireworks. If you are looking for a truly magical Disney experience, I can’t recommend Disney’s Contemporary Resort enough!
If you are interested in planning a trip to Disney World, I’d love to be of assistance! Feel free to email me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!