We are so excited that Park Hopping at Walt Disney World returned on January 1, 2021. There have been some modifications made to Park Hopping to help manage attendance and promote social distancing requirements. So, whether you have used Park Hopping in the past or are new to it, here are answers to commonly asked questions and what you need to know.
What is Park Hopping?
Park Hopping gives you the chance to visit more than one park on the same day. In order to Park Hop, you must have the Park Hopper option added to your theme park tickets for an additional cost.
What are the benefits of Park Hopping?
There are 4 theme parks: Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom. Each park’s open and close times vary. One park may be open 9:00 – 5:00 pm while another may be open 11:00 am – 7:00 pm. Park Hopping allows you the ability to visit a park with an earlier opening time first and then hop to a different park in the afternoon that will be open later for that night. This will give you more time to “play” and get the most park time available during your vacation. Another benefit is for dining options. You may have a few favorites or new restaurants you want to try in the same park. Start your day at one park and enjoy breakfast and lunch then, travel to a new park for dinner and a few attractions. If you are only able to make a short trip to Disney World, but still want to visit all the parks, adding Park Hopper would give you the opportunity to spend time in each park while you are there.
How do I take advantage of Park Hopping?
- Book your Walt Disney World vacation or purchase Park Hopper Tickets and use your confirmation number to link your park admission in your My Disney Experience account.
- Make a Disney Park Pass Reservation for the park you plan to visit FIRST for each day you have park tickets. I highly recommend you make your Park Pass Reservations as soon as you book your vacation to ensure park availability during your travel dates.
- Confirm Park Hopper hours on the Disney World Park Hours Calendar or the My Disney Experience app. Park Hopper hours are scheduled to start at 2 p.m. each day and end at the scheduled park close time. Park Hopper hours are subject to change at a later date depending on the day and park.
- Visit the first park, the one you have a Park Pass Reservation scheduled for on that day.
- When it’s time for Park Hopping to begin, you can check which parks are available to hop to by calling (407) 560-5000. It’s important to note that the ability to visit another park is subject to the park’s capacity limitations.
- At this time, a Park Pass Reservation is not required after the first park, but this is subject to change at any time, so be sure to keep up to date with all Disney information by visiting the “Know Before You Go” page on the Walt Disney World website.
What happens if I have a dining reservation at the park I plan to hop to but they are at capacity?
Dining reservations do not guarantee entry when park hopping. If you encounter this, it’s best to visit Guest Services to have them assist in canceling your dining reservation, so you will not be charged a fee.
How does Park Hopping impact my opportunity to join a Boarding Group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?
Only guests with a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to try to join the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Guests visiting from another theme park will not be able to request to join the virtual queue.
Will there be transportation between the parks?
Park-to-Park bus transportation has resumed with operations beginning each day shortly prior to the start of Park Hopper hours and the Skyliner is available between Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Currently, the Epcot Monorail is not operating until further notice.
If you are considering a trip to Walt Disney World in 2021, I would love to help you plan your magical vacation! Contact me to book: Melanie@TravelWithTheMagic.com
Follow me on social media to keep up with current promotions, tips & tricks for your vacation, and giveaways! My services are always complimentary when you book your vacation with me. Thank you for supporting my small business!