Are you attending or wanting to attend the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival this fall? Check out my favorite tips!
- Share! First and foremost, sharing is caring right? Second, there are so many delectable dishes to sample that getting full on just a few would be blasphemous. This is the perfect time to practice the two-bite rule…. over, and over, and over again!
- Stop at the Festival Center! Make sure to pick up your festival passport! This passport will be your guide to all the food and drink options at the marketplaces around Epcot!
- Hit the festival during on a weekday! The weekends most definitely are the busiest.
- Use your dining plan snack credits! Just look for the purple DDP symbol! This is a great use of your dining plan snack credits!
- Plan ahead! Do a tiny bit of research on each of the booths and their offerings before your trip. There are special you will not want to miss! A little planning will not only get you, and your party excited for the festival, but will also ensure you don’t miss something you wouldn’t have known about had you not done your homework! (OR contact me; I will do ALL the homework!)
- Speaking of events… There are SO many events to choose from. As soon as you see a special event that is intriguing, book it. Special events require registration and sometimes a fee. Often, special events completely book up within minutes!
- Purchase a festival gift card! This is a great way to set your festival budget for the day. Those small purchases can really add up!
- Stay hydrated! This is true on any day at Disney, BUT especially true if you will be drinking (alcoholic beverages) around the festival. Bring your own water bottle, OR make sure to ask any quick service restaurant for a FREE cup of water.
- Take breaks! Epcot is a beautiful theme park. There are so many nooks and crannies to explore and find peace among the chaos. Grab your drink and delicious plate from one of the festival booths, and just sit and relax. This is also the perfect time to people watch. I may or may not be into that sort of thing…
- Try new things! The Food and Wine Festival is the PERFECT time to try something you normally would not. You never know when you might just find your newest obsession!
- Pace yourself and have fun! More than likely you will not make it completely through the entire festival AND try EVERYTHING on your wish list in ONE day. That is ok! Go back for round two! You definitely do not want to end up with a Disney hangover from either the delicious libations or food on the festival trail!
Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World this fall and need a little assistance? I am here! My name is Lizeth and I am an Orlando destination specialist. Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.