- Resort Size. Port Orleans French Quarter is the smallest moderate resort at Walt Disney World. The food court, arcade, pool, and bus stop are all a quick hop, skip, and a jump away from your resort room.
- Boat transportation to Disney Springs. Sit back and relax as the Sassagoula Steamboat haulage company transports you and yours on a quick ride to Disney Springs along the picturesque, tree-lined banks of the Sassagoula River.
- Sister Property. Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter are sister resorts, meaning you can use the amenities at each as you please! Better yet, they are a quick 10 minute walk from each other which makes taking advantage of this “perk” even more convenient. Tired of walking? You can also use the Sassagoula Steam haulage company or bus transportation to travel between the two.
- Lobby fountain. In the lobby of Port Orleans French Quarter you will find a fountain and sometimes a greeter who hands out coins to guests to either throw into the fountain and make a wish OR keep as a souvenir. My kids loved this!
- The theming. Mardi Gras! Is there anything more fun?
- Splash pad. While ALL Disney resorts have pools, NOT all have splash pads! Decked out in Mardi Gras hues, this aquatic play area allows guests 48 inches tons of splashing fun.
- The grounds are beautiful. Cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies, and Spanish moss hanging from the trees delight the eye and invoke feelings of romance, especially at night.
- Scat Cat Club. Good food, good drinks and live music, need I say more?
- Last but not least, and probably MY favorite feature of Port Orleans French Quarter are the beignets! These delicious treats can only be found in Walt Disney World at this resort! Even if you don’t stay at this amazing resort, a trip to try the beignets is worth it!
Are you planning your next family adventure? I CAN and would LOVE to assist! Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, my planning services are complimentary!