If you are adding a Disney Dining Plan to your Walt Disney World vacation, which I recommend, here’s what you need to know about the dining plans for 2018!
- Dining Plans are only offered to guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel. This is a perk to staying onsite. Adding a dining plan gives you the option to pre-pay for meals and snacks. Then you simply have your MagicBand scanned at the time of purchase. If you like to choose the most expensive meals on the menu, this is also a way you can save a little money.
- There are 3 Dining Plans to choose from: Quick Service Dining Plan, Plus Dining Plan, and Deluxe Dining Plan. Everyone in the party ages 3 and over will receive the following each night of their package stay:
- Quick Service Dining Plan: 2 Quick-Service Meals, 2 Snacks
- Plus Dining Plan: 1 Table-Service Meal, 1 Quick-Service Meal, 2 Snacks
- Deluxe Dining Plan: 3 Meals, 2 Snacks
- Resort Refillable Mugs for each guest on a dining plan are included. These may be used for the duration of your resort stay.
- New!!!…Alcohol is included with the 2018 dining plans. Certain specialty beverages and alcoholic beverages for guests 21 and up are included with each meal. One per meal.
- Whether you are purchasing a quick service meal for a child or an adult, you can order an adult meal when using your quick service meal credits.
- Most Table Service Dining locations are 1 Table Service credit, but some require 2 Table Service credits. Most Character Dining, Signature Dining and Dinner Shows are included on the Plus Dining and Deluxe Dining Plans. If you wish to use your Dining Plan for dinner shows you must book Category 2 or 3 seating. Dining reservations can be made 180 days in advance and are highly recommended. If you know which restaurants you want in advance, grab those reservations as soon as they become available.
- Dining Credits can be used upon check-in until midnight the day you check-out.
- Gratuities are not included with the dining plans, so it’s a good idea to take that into consideration when budgeting for your vacation. There will be a suggested gratuity on your receipt based on the price of your bill. You can use cash, credit card or gift card to pay for your gratuity.
- Remaining dining entitlements will be printed on your receipts. Be sure to check to see how many credits you have left and to ensure that the correct number of credits were deducted at that time. If you have unused dining credits at the end of your trip, don’t let them go to waste. Snack credits can be used for pre-packaged items to take home. If you have any quick service credits leftover, you can exchange 1 quick service meal credit to purchase 3 snacks.
- Disney offers deals that may include a discount on the dining plan or even free dining when you add a dining plan to your vacation package. While these deals are not guaranteed each year, they are a great way to save money when they are offered.
When you book your vacation with me, I will assist you with choosing the best dining plan for your dining style. Also, all of my other complimentary services are included such as resort and dining recommendations, dining and FastPass reservations, discount monitoring and more! When Disney releases a deal, if it is available for your package, I will apply that promotion to ensure you are getting the best price! I would love to help you plan a magical Disney vacation! Contact me today for a quote or more information! Melanie@travelwiththemagic.com
Find me on Facebook for more Disney fun!