I love seeing the looks on my kids’ faces when they get a hug from their favorite Disney characters. Did you know that you can also meet characters on a Disney cruise? I’ve listed some of my favorite character meet and greet tips below!
- Arrive 15 minutes before the meet and greet is scheduled to start. On Disney cruises, the meet and greet cast member will only allow people to get in line to meet the character for approximately 15 minutes. If you arrive after the cast member has declared that the line to meet the character is closed, they will ask you to return for that character’s next scheduled meet and greet time.
- Even though some of the photographers at the character meet and greets use cameras that have facial recognition capabilities, (Cool I know, right?!) make sure to have your key to the world card with you when you get in line or at the very least know your stateroom number. This is how they make sure your photos go to YOUR photo book!
- You can use your own camera to take photos at meet and greets! The cast member assisting the character will also gladly take a group photo with your camera or phone. Don’t be bashful! Just ask!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for multiple poses! If you want separate photos of each of your kids with a certain character/s AND then together, just ask! They will gladly oblige!
- Go to multiple meet and greets for the same character! Why? You will find that Mickey and his pals will often be wearing different outfits!
- Some character meet and greets require a special ticket with a designated date and time. While these meet and greets are included in your cruise fare, they do run out of tickets. Make sure to snag yours as soon as your make your final payment.
- If there are a couple characters meeting at the exact same time that you want to meet, make sure to be one of the very FIRST guests to meet the first character. This will give you plenty of time to get to the second character’s line before the 15 minute cut-off. This works best when there are multiple meet and greets happening in the atrium/balcony of the ship.
- There will be times when you will only have the option to use your camera so just make sure to have it just in case!
- Be prepared to meet characters on Castaway Cay! These are my favorite character meet and greets! They look so cute in their island/swim gear!
- Finally, make sure to download the Disney Cruise Navigator app AND learn how to set reminders for the character meet and greets you want to attend!
Use the tips above to help get the most out of your Disney Dream character meet and greet experience! Need more tips for your Disney cruise? I’m your girl! Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.