Magic Bands? What the heck are magic bands? Magic Bands are, well, magic. They are your Disney resort room key, ticket into the parks, and can even be equipped with charging abilities for food and merchandise! They also give you FastPass+ access to walk onto your favorite rides, hold your dining credits, AND are even linked to any photos you might take with Disney’s photographers during your park adventures.
1. How do you receive these magical instruments of fun? Well, first, book your Disney vacation package! This is where I, or your favorite Travel With The Magic agent comes into play.
2. Link your Disney confirmation number to your MyDisneyExperience account! Once we have helped you plan the Disney vacation of your dreams, we will give you a booking number that you will use to link your reservation to your MyDisneyExperience account.
3. Customize your bands! Your will be able to customize your bands as soon as you enter your booking number linking your vacation to your account. Under the “MyDisneyExperience” dropdown there is a section called “MagicBands and Cards,” this is where you customize your bands. You will choose everyone’s colors and the names you want printed on the inside of the bands. Don’t be afraid to be creative. Nicknames are perfectly acceptable!
4. Verify your address! During your MagicBand customization, you will be asked to verify your shipping address. This is where yours bands will be mailed. CAUTION: If you verify your address and then MOVE, make sure to update your address in this section (MagBands and Cards) of your account. It is NOT sufficient to change your “profile address.” If your bands are sent to the wrong address, NO fear. They will most likely be sent BACK to Disney and will be waiting for you when you check into your resort.
5. Important dates! 10 is the magic number in order to receive your MagicBands BEFORE your arrival! If you customize your bands at least 10 days before your trip, they will be mailed to your home. If you customize your MagicBands between 9 and 6 days before your arrival, you will receive your customized bands upon arrival. If you do NOT customize your bands within 5 days of your visit, you will be provided with a non-customized, grey, MagicBand when you check into your Disney resort hotel. Womp, womp womp…. (Just kidding.)
6. Notifications! Disney is awesome about letting you know where you are in the process. Under the “MagicBands and Cards” section of MyDisneyExperience, you will see a message that will tell you how many days you have left to customize your bands AND even more exciting when they were shipped!
So you have received the above notification that your bands have been shipped, now what? How long does it take for them to get to you since you are dying to get your hands on them? It typically will take 10 days after you have received your notification depending on whether there are any Holidays around that time to slow down the parcel post.
When the MagicBands arrive they will come in nondescript packaging in case your trip is a surprise!
Then you get to see this awesomeness!
AND THEN…. YAY! There they are!
7. Finally… they are here, (cue angels singing) BUT DON’T forget to look in the inside of the box. This is relatively new, BUT your luggage tags will be in an envelope in the inside of the box.
As you can see from the picture above there is a tab that says “Pull up for details..”
I have been getting the following question a ton, “How do they pick which character tag I will receive?” You do, BUT know that each character tag coincides with the MagicBand color you pick, keep that mind if you just have to have a particular one!
Every one asks me what I think is the best thing about the MagicBands… They do amazing, time-saving, things for your vacation , BUT for me, they are the final piece to my Disney vacation puzzle. They let me know that our magical vacation is just around the corner and ensue a palatable excitement at our house! Are you ready to receive your own set of Magic Bands? I would love to help! Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.