Here are 7 important things to remember when using Disney’s Magical Express:
- It’s FREE! Using Disney’s Magical Express ground transportation is included with your Disney Resort hotel stay. It’s a great perk to staying onsite!
- Disney’s Magical Express is only offered when you are flying into and out of Orlando International Airport (MCO). Don’t forget if you want to take advantage of the complimentary ground transportation, you must choose this airport when booking your flights.
- Yellow luggage tags will be mailed to you a few weeks before you travel. If you wish to use the complimentary luggage delivery service to your resort all you need to do is attach these tags to your luggage, head to Disney’s Magical Express upon arrival at the airport and they will retrieve your luggage for you and deliver it to your resort.
- It runs 24 hours a day, so your ground transportation is available no matter what time your flight arrives or departs. However, take note that the luggage delivery service is only available between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM. If your flight arrives between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM, you will need to claim your luggage before heading to the Magical Express loading area.
- Pack a bag with necessities you may need before your luggage arrives. If you are using the luggage delivery service, I recommend packing a carry-on bag with items such as swimsuits, pajamas, medications, etc. Luggage may take up to 3 hours after you arrive at your resort to be delivered and you will be thankful that you have these items with you.
- Keep your MagicBands with you on the plane. Pack them in your carry on or better yet, wear them! Your MagicBands will be used when checking in to ride the Magical Express and will also serve as your room key and park admission if you choose to head to the park after checking in at your resort.
- Disney’s Magical Express is currently picking up guests departing the resort 3 hours before their scheduled flight time. You may want to take that into consideration when scheduling an early morning flight. If your flight departs at 6:00 AM, your Magical Express motorcoach to the airport would pick you up at approximately 3:00 AM. You will receive your “Transportation Notice” with important departure information at your hotel room the day before you leave.
My name is Melanie Gifford and I am a Disney Vacation Planner with Travel With The Magic. I would love to help you book and plan your vacation! One of my complimentary services is making arrangements for your ground transportation on Disney’s Magical Express along with making sure your vacation details are covered like resort recommendations, scheduling your dining and FastPass reservations and much more! Email me at Melanie@travelwiththemagic.com to get started and find me on Facebook for more Disney tips!