Are you thinking about attending either Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) in 2017, BUT aren’t sure which to choose? Let me assist you in your decision!
You will find a few main differences between the two parties…
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – Halloween/Fall Decorations
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Christmas/Holiday Decorations. It even SNOWS on Main Street!
- Treats included in the price of your event ticket!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – During MNSSHP you will have the chance to trick-or-treat and Disney does not skimp on the candy! Lit Mickey pumpkin heads mark the treat trails! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – During MVMCP you will get to indulge in as many cookies and cups of hot cocoa as your little heart desires! Follow the glowing candy canes to find these yummy holiday treats!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – The months of August, September, and October are still hot in Orlando.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – If you prefer the cooler temps of November and December, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party might be a better choice for you!
- Party Attire!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – Of course during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party you will find both party goers and many characters in Halloween costumes.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Do not be sad though, during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party you will see your favorite characters decked out in their holiday finery.
Now for the similarities between both parties…
- Both are special ticketed events, which means you will need a ticket aside from your normal theme park tickets.
- Both parties sometimes sell out! If you know the date, you want to attend, make sure to snag those tickets as soon as you can!
- Both run about the same in price depending on the dates you choose. The closer you attend to Halloween/Christmas the higher the price of the tickets.
- Both parties run from 7:00pm until midnight, BUT you can enter the Magic Kingdom at 4pm!
- You can meet characters that are not normally found in the parks such as the seven Dwarfs and Jack Skellington!
- During both parties, you will experience shorter ride wait times!
- Both parties give partygoers access to exclusive merchandise only available during the parties.
- Both offer amazing entertainment that can only be seen during the parties. The Boo To You Parade is my favorite! (In years past, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade could be seen after all the Christmas parties were held from approximately December 23rd until December 31st – make sure to check current year’s schedule!
- Finally. BOTH parties are loads of fun! There is something for everyone to enjoy. You cannot go wrong with either. Moreover, if you go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party THIS YEAR, you can go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party NEXT YEAR!
Planning a trip to Walt Disney World and need a little assistance? I am here! My name is Lizeth and I am a Disney Travel Specialist. Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143