Disney Cruise Line® invites your Clients to explore the culturally rich and exotic locales of Europe with one-of-a-kind Port Adventures featuring exclusive Disney touches during its 2013 Mediterranean sailings.
All Disney Cruise Line Port Adventures are designed to entertain and inspire both children and adults – in true Disney fashion – with added touches such as more scheduled breaks, complimentary snacks and beverages, and fun port activity sheets for kids. For an extra special experience, your Clients can choose a Port Adventure from the Disney Cruise Line Signature Collection.
Signature Collection Port Adventures range from deluxe experiences in intimate, upscale settings to customized tours enhanced with exclusive activities for Disney Cruise Line Guests. During the European cruises, beloved Disney characters, rich storytelling and integrated youth activities are just some of the extra magic your Clients may enjoy on a Signature Collection tour.
New Signature Collection Port Adventures for the 2013 Mediterranean sailings include:
- At the majestic Doge’s Palace, your Clients will enjoy a private, after-hours tour of the palace, including a walk over the famous Bridge of Sighs. Then the royal treatment continues as Guests enjoy a reception with Disney princesses. Live musicians and royal courtiers resplendent in period costumes and powdered wigs add to the ambiance.
- Or, your Clients can become Gondolier for a Day, trying their hand at piloting a gondola on the city’s lagoon.
- Another adventure takes families on a tour of the city, giving children a chance to create a traditional Venetian mask with Disney Cruise Line youth counselors while parents to stroll the nearby shops and cafes.
- For families, a visit to the Acropolis can be combined with an experience at the Cycladic Museum for a deeper dive into the ancient Aegean and Cyprus cultures. While parents have free time to explore the museum, children join Disney Cruise Line youth counselors to learn about the original coloring of Greek statues and create their very own miniature Greek memento.
- An adult-exclusive tour combines a visit to the Acropolis with a Greek culinary journey in the historical neighborhood of Plaka. A local chef demonstrates how to create authentic Greek cuisine such as tzatziki, cheese pie and yogurt with honey using fresh, local ingredients. Guests then enjoy the culinary creations before having time to explore the picturesque town and shop in nearby Monastiraki.
- From Mykonos, families venture to nearby Delos to visit one of the most important mythological and archaeological sites in Greece. Once back in Mykonos, children join Disney Cruise Line youth counselors in a fun mosaic activity while parents enjoy a guided tour of the town or explore the local shops on their own.
- From Kusadasi, Turkey, Guests can venture to the ancient city of Ephesus which contains the largest collection of Roman ruins in the eastern Mediterranean. Guests begin with a guided tour of St. John’s Basilica where they join an adventure-seeking “archeologist” (storyteller guide) on his quest to locate the missing piece of an ancient tablet. Teams decode clues to find a piece of the tablet, finishing their expedition at the Ephesus archaeological site where a private guided tour of the remarkable ruins completes the experience.
- Or, families can tour Ephesus before journeying to the countryside village of Sirince, where they explore the markets together before dividing into separate groups for their own style of fun. Children join Disney Cruise Line youth counselors and take part in a Turkish bracelet making activity while parents are free to explore the market, sample fruit wines and taste local delicacies.
Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast
- On the coast of Croatia in Dubrovnik, Disney Cruise Line Guests enjoy a guided tour of the historic walled city followed by an inside look at traditional Croatian customs from a local artist. After a demonstration of the ancient process of cultivating silk worms and processing silk threads, Guests enjoy making their own keepsake craft as a special memory.
- Adults are invited to learn the art of creating mosaics from a renowned local artist. While creating their very own masterpiece they can sip Italian wine and savor delicious local cheeses and salumi (Italian cured meats and cold cuts). Following the workshop, free time in the city allows Guests to explore famous sites like the Coliseum, Pantheon, Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica.
For more information about the Disney Cruise Line and these new family friendly port Adventures contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1.800.670.4312!