I love the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is my favorite resort at Disney World in Florida. It is a wonderful resort and so magical at Christmas time. In the next few weeks the Grand Floridian Resort will be transformed for the Holidays. The Grand Floridian Resort builds a house of Gingerbread and they sell candy from it. The smell of gingerbread fills the lobby and it smells so wonderful.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Makes 36 cookies
2 sticks softened butter
2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground star anise
1 teaspoon ground fennel
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
Ingredients for decorations optional
1/4 cup milk
1 cup colored sugar granules
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
2. Sift all the remaining dry ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl and mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until a dough forms
3. Remove dough from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap; place in refrigerator until firm, two to four hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
5. Remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, until pliable. Divide dough in half and place on floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until about 1/8 inch thick. While rolling, flour the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
6. Cut out desired cookie shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to a greased cookie sheet, placing them 1 inch apart.
7. Lightly brush cookies with milk and sprinkle with sugar granules as desired.
8. Bake until firm and edges begin to darken, 10-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe from the Disney Parks blog
Here are some pictures of the Gingerbread house from the last few years
Pics are Courtesy of MagicChatlive.com please do not take without permission and giving credit. For more information about Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort contact us at email@example.com or click here and fill out the contact form.