1. No admission fee! No tickets are needed to enter and explore the marketplace. Downtown Disney is always the first excursion we take during our Disney trips because the low-key atmosphere is perfect after a long day of traveling.
2. Parking is FREE! Not driving? No worries. Downtown Disney is a stop of the Disney Transportation system.
3. Food! Downtown Disney offers yummy dining options that are even covered on Disney dining plans. Experiences range from pre-historic themed lunches to romantic waterfront dinners. One of our favorite places to eat at in Downtown Disney is Earl of Sandwich. The sandwiches are amazing! Do NOT be scared of the long line you will probably see. It moves very quickly.
4. Sweet Treats! Yes, yes I know I could have added this under “Food,” BUT I think Downtown Disney sweets are the best and deserve their very own bullet point so we can all marvel at their yumminess. Why not indulge in chocolate decadence at Ghirardelli’s or on candy covered rice treat at our favorite, Goofy’s Candy Company? You are on vacation right?
5. Entertainment! Looking for a fun activity to partake in during a day when you are not visiting the parks? Downtown Disney offers an array of activities from bowling to shows.
6. Shopping! There are more than 40 retail stores that offer an array of merchandise to please all souvenir hunters. Downtown Disney is even home to the world’s largest Disney store. Don’t forget to visit my favorite, the Lego Store because everything is awesome there.
7. Downtown Disney is the perfect place to get a taste of Disney magic outside of the parks. This is especially true if you are not on a Disney themed vacation. Visiting one of the other vacation spots in Orlando like Universal or Sea World? Why not take a trip to the Downtown area to get your dose of Disney? You will not be disappointed.
I say yay for Downtown Disney. Are you ready to plan your family vacation to the Orlando area? I would love to help. Contact me at Lizeth@TravelWithTheMagic.com, on Facebook or by phone at 1-800-670-4312, ext. 143.