Yay! The major planning is over. We have made all the travel and dining reservations for the most awesome Disney vacation ever. That part was cake, BUT now comes the hard part, WAITING! Waiting for vacation, especially a Disney vacation can feel like it is taking forever and a day, but alas, do NOT despair! Take advantage of this time to cultivate the excitement you and your party are feeling. A Disney vacation is a BIG deal! Don’t be bashful. Jump up and down, scream “We are going to Disney” at the top of your lungs, and make the best of your Disney countdown.
1. Conduct a Disney countdown. There are so many ways to count down to your Disney vacation. You can download an application to your smart phone or even do something as simple as making a paper chain with each link representing a day. Each day celebrate that you are tearing away a link and getting closer and closer to your departure!
2. Utilize your MyDisneyExperience.com account. MyDisneyExperience.com is an awesome tool. Not only does it help you plan your Disney vacation, BUT it too keeps a count down! I love logging into the site to see how many days we have left to wait. This site is also an awesome way to build your family’s excitement.
3. Disney movie night. Bust out those classic Disney movies! Allow yourself to fall in love with your favorite characters again and allow first timers to become familiar with them before they experience them up close and personal.
4. Create your free custom Disney maps. What an awesome way to get excited and familiar with the Disney parks. It is FREE and you can even get a copy of your creations shipped to your home! What a cool keepsake! Click below.
5. Cook up some Disney fun in the kitchen and try out a Disney copycat recipe. These copycat recipes are everywhere! Google is your friend. Next on my personal list of recipes to try is the bread pudding that belongs to one of my favorite Disney restaurants, ‘Ohana. YUM.
6. Contact your planner. Getting giggly about an up and coming Disney trip, even if it is not my own, is one of my favorite things to do. We can dish about food, fun, and favorites, must-do’s and tips. Disney 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, or until your countdown is over (AND we start the next one)!