My family loves to eat in Downtown Disneyland on the night of our arrival. We have been to Tortilla Jo’s and it’s great Mexican food, we’ve eaten at La Brea Bakery Café, we talk about trying Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria and ESPN Zone, but when it comes down to it, we all love eating at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen!
Here are five reasons we keep going back:
1. The Food- Yes, the food is reason enough to keep coming back! The menu changes seasonally, but some of our favorites remain. One of our favorite appetizers is the coconut shrimp.
Have you watched Duck Dynasty and heard them talk about boudin? Well, the Jazz Kitchen has boudin balls on their appetizer menu and they are amazing. Don’t ask me what they are, just try them and enjoy!
For entrees, the fillets and the pork chops are delicious. The signature jambalaya is a must try. And finally, remember to order the chocolate bread pudding when you order your dinner! Don’t miss the chance to sample one of the best desserts I’ve ever tried.
2. The Atmosphere- If you’ve ever been to New Orleans, you know that there is a festive atmosphere in the city. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen embodies that festive atmosphere. Whether you sit at one of the sidewalk tables, in the courtyard, upstairs in the cozy dining room, or downstairs where the music is played, you will enjoy the atmosphere. If you love great jazz music, make a reservation and sit in the main dining room and soak up the jazz.
3. The Service- The servers are always knowledgeable about the food and they are very helpful. If you prefer your Cajun a little milder, let them know and they will ask the chef to accommodate. They will let you know if a dish cannot be served at less than its’ optimal flammability! The hostesses are also top notch. On our last visit, we decided to go to the restaurant at the last minute and we did not have a reservation. The hostess first told us that the only seats available were in the full sun at the sidewalk tables. I asked if she could put us on a waitlist. She could not because we weren’t willing to take their available table. We turned to go to another restaurant and she ran after us to let us know she saw some customers just getting up and that, if we were willing to wait, she would seat us at this lovely courtyard table. She could easily have let us walk out and given the table to someone else, but she went the extra mile to help a guest. Great service!
4. The Location- The Jazz Kitchen is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Disneyland. While seated there, it feels like you can see the world walk by. It’s far away from the park to give you a break from the excitement for a little while, but close enough to walk from the Disneyland hotels. It’s only steps away from great shopping and street performers, too!
5. The Artwork- If you’re a Disney enthusiast, you know Disney employs some of the best artists in the world. They bring the environment to life with their art pieces on the wall as well as their sculptures. They’ve thrown Mardi Gras beads into the trees in the courtyard and there is a wonderful sculpture that captures the essence of the Louisiana gulf coast. Soak up the atmosphere through the artwork.
I’ve given you five great reasons to try Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disneyland. But, don’t take my word for it. Go and try it and find your own reasons to keep going back!
I’m Jeri May and I can be your Disneyland expert! Email me today! Jeri@TravelwiththeMagic.com