There’s a show at Disneyland California Adventure that will melt your frozen heart! It’s Frozen Live at the Hyperion Theater! This new show will dazzle you with its’ retelling of Disney’s newest classic movie. The costumes and the characters and the set are like nothing you’ve ever seen. Anna and Elsa fans will fall in love with this stage production.
Without giving too much away about the show (because it’s amazing, an absolute must see!), I’m going to share with you an opportunity you have to enhance your experience of the Frozen performance. It’s the Frozen Pre-Show Package. You have the chance to celebrate Frozen by “chilling” for an hour before the show at Stage 17 that has been transformed into a charming castle courtyard in wintry Arendelle. Here is what you’ll find waiting for you:
- Three Exclusive Photo Backdrops where you and your family can take your own pictures or have PhotoPass Photographers snap them for you.
- There may be a certain Snowman waiting to greet you!
- A gallery of details that describe the making of the Frozen Live Show. I really enjoyed perusing the markups of the costumes, sets, and creative team inspirations.
- Three flavors of shave ice that won’t disappoint- Elsa’s Blue Winter Blast, Olaf’s Summertime Dream, and Sven’s “Root Deer” Float. I tried all three, but I was partial to Elsa’s Blue Winter Blast. Plus, I thought it was the prettiest, and I’m all about the pretty!
- Complimentary selection of beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at Oaken’s Tavern. (One alcoholic beverage per adult. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.) The Sparkling Mango Apple Cider was delicious and non-alcoholic. Even members of our party who don’t usually like apple cider thought it was delicious and there was no limit to the number of this beverage you could drink.
- A magical moment wraps up the party and invites you to the show. Since my first visit to Disneyland, I’ve been impressed by magical moments like this where you get to experience snow any month of the year in Southern California.
- Immediately following, you are escorted through the side door of the theater where you will get first choice of any seat there.
The price is $49 per person and full payment/reservations are required as well as park admission to Disneyland California Adventure.
The benefit of attending this fun event is two-fold:
- Avoiding the wait and long line for the best seats in the Hyperion Theater.
- Adding to the fun of the Frozen experience.
Our party consisted of four adults, one teenage girl, and two teenage boys so we were by no means the target audience of the Frozen Show. However, we certainly enjoyed ourselves at the Pre-Show. We took our time taking pictures with Olaf because at an event like this, the lines are shorter and there is less pressure to hurry. We sampled all the treats provided and enjoyed the air-conditioned venue. And before we knew it, it was time to be whisked off to the main event, Frozen Live at the Hyperion. I highly recommend both the Frozen Pre-Show Package and the stage show itself!
I am Jeri May and I’d love to ensure your heart is melted while sampling a blue raspberry shave ice! You can email me at Jeri@TravelwiththeMagic.com, find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or do it the old fashioned way by calling me at 1-800-670-4312 x147.
Have a magical day!