No doubt, you’ve seen photos of this iconic Disney resort hotel. It’s a white, modern-looking A-shaped building with the monorail running through the middle of it. But here are some things you may not know, and Five reasons why this Disney hotel is a GREAT place to stay!
- Convenience. From this resort, you can walk to the Magic Kingdom entrance in about ten minutes. Or better yet, take the monorail that goes right through the resort! There’s nothing easier than riding the elevator down from your room and getting right on the monorail in the morning. You’ll be at Magic Kingdom in one short ride! Or if you’d like to go to Epcot, you’ll switch monorails at the Transportation & Ticket Center, and be there in a jiffy. There is also a covered bus stop that keeps you out of the elements if you’d like to ride Disney’s free buses to visit the other parks.
- Views. When you stay in the tower, you have a choice of Bay Lake View or Theme Park View. Either one is great, but you really can’t beat the Theme Park view here. This picture was taken using just a bit of zoom on my point-and-click camera, nothing fancy.
And you can see the fireworks show from here, which is so special (Put your TV on the “Wishes” channel, and enjoy the music for the show as well!). You’ll also be able to watch the nightly Electrical Water Pageant from your room, where lighted floats make their way around Bay Lake with fun music you can hear from your balcony. These are a real bonus if you have little ones who can’t make it to the end of a Disney day — Mom and Dad can still watch the evening entertainment right from the room!
- Dining. One of the most sought after Disney character meals is right here at this hotel. Chef Mickey’s is a huge buffet of deliciousness, and is open all day. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto typically appear here, and they’ll come right to your table for autographs and photos! No standing in long lines for the kids to meet these guys in the parks – you can see them all at your meal! This restaurant is included on most of Disney’s Dining Plans, too.
There’s also a Quick Service restaurant here, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s an especially nice choice if you’d like to have something quickly before heading out to the parks for the day, and they even have Mickey-shaped waffles! It’s also a really convenient place to refill your Dining Plan mugs any time of the day.
If you’re in the mood for a very special meal, you can dine at one of Disney’s Fine Dining restaurants, California Grill. This place serves gourmet food and sushi with a great panoramic view! They also accept most of Disney’s Dining Plans.
- Rooms. Before I stayed here, I was really worried about the noise level in the rooms. Between the monorail and the restaurants and the things going on outside, there’s a lot of activity here. I was concerned it would all echo throughout the rooms. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms are VERY soundproof! Our room was silent as it could be, and we slept very well. The beds are really comfortable, the rooms are large and beautifully decorated, and five people can stay in one room here.
- Activities. If you’d like to take a “day off” from theme parks during your vacation (which I highly recommend!), there are so many things to do here! Of course, there’s a great pool with a water slide and cabanas you can rent. But there’s also a full Watersports Centre, complete with parasailing, jet skis, boat rentals, wakeboarding, water skiing, and more! You can also play tennis or go for a jog here. And in the evening, the whole family can enjoy a campfire and movies under the stars.
If you’d like more information about a vacation here, or at any of the other Disney Resort Hotels, I’ll be happy to help you!
My name is Brenda Arnold-Richard, and I’m a travel planner at Travel With The Magic. Email me at Brenda@TravelWithTheMagic.com, and let me help you plan the perfect Disney vacation for your family. My full planning services are free for my clients, and include hotel reservations, tickets, dining and more.