FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fall NYC Conference Highlights Mom Business Owners
The first Super Mom Entrepreneur Conference and Expo kicks off in New York City, with plans to make super moms into super mom entrepreneurs nationwide
New York, NY (July 20, 2010) – On October 30th, 2010, hundreds of moms will converge upon the Big Apple to learn how to turn their Small Business into Big Business at the Super Mom Entrepreneur Conference & Expo being held at the New Yorker Hotel. Organizers Heather Lopez of Happy Healthy Mom and Lucinda Cross of Corporate Mom Dropouts have teamed up to bring together some of the most influential and powerful authorities in business for moms, in order to show moms from all walks of life how to realize their potential to become “Super Mom Entrepreneurs.” Lopez and Cross shaped this year’s conference theme – Building Economic Futures and Creating Financial Stability- to encourage all mom idealists, mom creators and newbies in business to discover their unique and authentic purpose, create their economic futures and create a lifestyle business they love, while supporting their family in all sects. This call to action will be delivered by a world-class roster of more than 20 newsmakers and expert leaders. According to Heather Lopez, “Many conferences targeted at women, do not take into account the unique needs and strengths of moms. It is not easy to build a business with children underfoot and our conference intends to help educate and support moms to find their path to success without compromising their ability to be good parents.” Program highlights for the conference include:
* Keynotes by Savor The Success’ Angela Jia Kim, Count Me In/ Make Mine a Million’s Nell Merlino, and Mompreneurs® Online’s Ellen Parlapiano.
* 16 workshops designed to teach moms how to start, build, & grow their businesses, led by powerful speakers such as, the Toilet Paper Entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz, the Entreprenette Sarah Shaw, Self Made Millionaire Bonnie Marcus of the Bonnie Marcus Collection, Mom Corps CEO Allison O’Kelly and more.
* A B2B & Mom2Mom Expo allowing both the opportunity for moms to highlight their own businesses and for moms to access products and services to grow their businesses.
* Numerous networking opportunities, including a pre-conference networking mixer on Friday night, designed to build lasting connections and support between attendees.
* An Awards & Grant Cocktail Hour, featuring the announcement of the winner of the Super Mom Entrepreneur Fund grant, a small grant designed to help a mom start or expand her business.
In response to the surging popularity of Moms in Business and the demand for a conference in the heart of NY Empire State, organizers have taken a number of steps to expand the conference’s reach and make it accessible to moms in the tri-state area and throughout North America. In an effort to give more mothers an opportunity to experience the inspirational and transforming event, conference speakers and mom entrepreneurs Mindee Doney and Julie Pickens, the co-inventors of Boogie Wipes, are offering an all expenses paid trip to one lucky mom entrepreneur. All interested moms, whether they have a successful business, are a new start-up, or are thinking of starting a business down the road, are eligible to enter. To be considered, visit the Boogie Moms’ blog, www.thebusinessofbeingamom.com, between July 1st and September 1st, fill out the form and tell them a bit about your business or business idea, your goals, and how the Super Mom Entrepreneur conference would benefit you. The winner will be chosen by The Boogie Moms and will receive an all expenses paid trip, including airfare to the conference (from anywhere in the Continental US or Canada), lodging for two nights, conference registration fees, and two hours of business consulting time with Mindee and Julie, The Boogie Moms.
The Super Mom Entrepreneur Conference & Expo has already garnered the support of the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce and is looking for support from various sponsors and exhibitors who also believe in supporting moms in business and who understand the household purchasing power moms possess. Limited volunteer positions are available, with preference given to moms who can not afford to purchase a ticket. Official conference registration began on July 15th, 2010.
For more information about The Super Mom Entrepreneur Conference & Expo 2010, visit www.supermompreneur.com.