Updated June 4, 2019, with new information.
Are you looking for the ultimate way to cruise or vacation? Then Disney Cruise Line’s Concierge Level is for you! This ultimate service standard is unlike anything else I’ve experienced and truly sets the bar high. Here are my top reasons why you need to consider it on your next trip.
- Pre-Arrival Services – From the time you book until your sail date you have access by phone or email to the shoreside concierge team. They will help you with making adult only dining, character meet & greet times, excursions, spa appointments, special celebrations and the coveted Castaway Cay cabanas. We didn’t book our trip until about 65 days prior to sailing and online it showed all the cabanas and character meet & greet times were sold out so I emailed to see if perhaps there was a waiting list and they responded by saying they had secured us tickets for the princesses as well as a cabana much to my shock! If you are not a platinum Castaway Club member this is the only way you will be able to claim one of the main beach cabanas due to their popularity. I will be doing another blog on these next month so keep a lookout. The cabanas on the adult only beach are a little less in demand and sometimes are still available to book.
- Port Check-In – By cruising concierge level you do not have to pick a port arrival time during online check-in so you can arrival at your leisure, but going early is one of the advantages since you can be some of the first people allowed onboard. Once going through security if you walk through the terminal in the back right corner concierge guests have their own special check-in area. Here you will get your picture taken and will be given the kids magic bands for the kid’s clubs and receive your room cards. This is a huge time saver because otherwise, you have to check-in and then go to a different line to get the kids club bands. After we finished checking in they sent us across the hall to a glassed-in private waiting area for just a few minutes until someone from the boat came to walk us on. We arrived at the terminal around 11 am and we were onboard the ship enjoying the “Welcome Aboard Reception” in the concierge lounge by Noon.
- Arrival Day Private Lunch – A new added benefit for concierge guests is an exclusive private lunch in Royal Palace upon arrival that is available until 2 pm. You still have the choice to go up to the lounge if you like for light snacks served until 3 pm and then do the lunch later.
- Concierge Lounge – Once our family was announced walking on the ship we were whisked away privately and walked to the concierge lounge. This lounge is located on deck 12 and serves as the hub for guests and has secured keyed access. Throughout the day the concierge lounge provides a variety of delicious finger foods and heavy hor d’oeurves that you can easily make a light meal out of no matter the time as well as Coke products and Evian bottled water. Mimosas and other mixed drinks are available during breakfast as well as cocktail reception daily from 5 – 10 pm with an open bar. For those coffee lovers, they also have a specialty machine that brews ANYTHING you want! The concierge staff is also located here for questions and help with anything you may occur.
- Staterooms – Disney Cruise Line offers a variety of rooms options that come with concierge service from a traditional family stateroom to the Royal Suite with a private Jacuzzi. There are also many cabins that have the ability to be joined with interior doors as well have the verandah partitions removed. Also if you book a suite with a dining room table you are able to order from any of the restaurants for room service including Palo and Remy. Along with upgraded finishes, these rooms also come with refrigerators stocked with water and coke products, fruit basket, Elemis spa bathroom products as well as bathrobes for adults and children with matching slippers. Lastly, most cabins on arrival day are not available until 3-4 pm, but concierge is generally ready by Noon. This means we were able to change our clothes and hit the Aqua Duck before there was even a line because most others weren’t on the boat or having lunch. Please know that concierge rooms can be located on decks 11 & 12, but the lounge is on deck 12.
- Private Sun Deck – Concierge guests have exclusive access to a sun deck that offers a private hot tub, plush chaise and pod loungers with both full sun and shaded areas. There are also baskets of sunscreen, moist face wipes, upgraded towels and a selection of magazines and cold drinks so you don’t have to keep going down to the lounge. Additionally, there are bathrooms just for concierge guests. This deck can be accessed through stairs in the lounge or by key card from Satellite Falls on deck 13.
- Exclusive Meet & Greet – One evening during your cruise there will be a planned meet & greet with one character. Minnie was there for our sailing and she was dressed in her pirate costume since it was pirate night. She made two rounds on the sun deck for pictures and autographs and really spent a good amount of time with the guests.
- Sundeck Soiree – On 4-night cruises, the concierge staff also offers an additional afternoon event. They brought in the violin player to entertain us and offered cocktails, refreshments & snacks.
- Express Walk Off – On the dreaded departure day until 8 am the concierge staff is able to block off an elevator and will walk you to the gangway. Y’all this was awesome! The elevators are impossible to get and if you get lucky typically you stop on every floor because everyone is trying to do the same thing. They were able to have an elevator strictly for the concierge guests and it took us directly down and then walked us to the exit. From the time we left the cabin and got through customs in less than 15 minutes!
- Staff – Honestly I think this is one of the things that left such an impression on me once the vacation was over. During our cruise, we had Danny, Tracey & Angeline as our concierge staff and they were constantly checking to see if we needed anything or what they may help us with. Additionally, we had Joey and Dewayne as the wait staff in the lounge and they learned quickly what we liked and didn’t. Every morning Joey had me a Coke Zero even though those were not out and readily available and each evening Dewayne made our kids feel so special with their own “grown-up drinks” made of sparkling cider, a cherry in champagne glasses, their faces were just priceless to be included and thought of. Disney is always known for its impeccable service, but on the cruise line and even more so concierge level it’s played out. Although our Castaway Day was a complete washout, Dewayne was on the beach checking to see if any of his guests needed anything. They truly allow you to sit back, relax and have everything taken care of for you and it was just awesome. Rarely am I at a loss for words, but trying to describe the level of service they provide leaves me speechless.
In reflecting I know there is a large price difference in concierge versus non-concierge and it’s not something I may ever experience again, but if you are wanting to splurge for a special occasion or just have the ultimate vacation I promise you won’t be disappointed. However, your next vacation may have you feeling like Cinderella after midnight when her coach turned back into a pumpkin.
Have you been considering a vacation to Disney or beyond? Then let’s get started planning, think of me as your personal travel concierge! Don’t want to visit a Disney property, that’s ok I can send you just about anywhere else you would like to go! Contact me today via Facebook, email or phone at 1-800-670-4312 Extension 144 to get started planning today or click here to request a quote. As always my services are always FREE, so why not start early!
As always I hope to hear from you real soon, chEARS!