Disney isn’t just for families!!!
I’ve often stated that our Disney Cruise Line vacations have been the best vacations we’ve ever done together. I could have never imagined that they would also be the most amazing Girl’s Trip for our annual Travel With The Magic getaway. Over Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, fourteen of our agents gathered on the Disney Dream for a weekend of training, relaxing, and getting to know each other on a more personal level. When you have that many people saying “see ya real soon” to their families and jobs, you know the vacation has a tall order to fill. As always, the world-renowned Disney service did not disappoint!
Here are the top reasons Disney Cruise Line provides an amazing option for your upcoming girl’s getaway:
8) Disney service: it cannot be beaten. From our serving staff at Palo and our rotational dining team to the stateroom host to the characters, cast, and crew, we were always well taken care of. The food recommendations were spot on. They took amazing care of the people in our group with allergies, the meals flowed really well from appetizer to entrée to dessert and making sure we were 100% happy with our meal was their main concern. Plus, I do not know many women who miss having to clean the kitchen after a meal that delicious!
7) Adult Only Options on Board: Even though this was a work trip, there was plenty of time to relax. Some ladies chose to get off the boat in Nassau for excursions, some did character meet and greets, but several of us chose to spend the day at Satellite Falls, one of two adult only pool and deck areas. Satellite Falls provided a picturesque view of Nassau with a quiet deck for maximizing relaxation. Crew members were there with drink menus, so we didn’t even have to get up for drinks, non-alcoholic and alcoholic!
6) Drinks of the Day: Speaking of top-notch beverage service, Disney Cruise Line offers two drinks of the day: a non-alcoholic and an alcoholic. I went with the alcoholic option – the Yellowbird. Even with gratuity, my total was $6.02! This is a great deal. The drink was incredibly refreshing without being too weak or strong.
5) Senses Spa: This is another area that is only open to adults. There is a teen spa located inside but there is no co-mingling. Treat yourself to a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, or all of the above and more! Typically, they offer great on-board discounts for certain packages. I highly recommend getting a Rainforest Spa day pass! This pass was around $30 and included a body scrub (lavender, chocolate, or peppermint) and unlimited visits for the day. The Rainforest offers three different saunas, four themed shower areas offering different water effects, two hot tubs, and heated stone loungers. I’ll admit – I fell asleep on the heated lounger and it was heaven!
4) Adult Only Restaurants: The Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy both offer Palo and Remy, upscale adult-only dining options. The Disney Wonder and Disney Magic currently offer Palo. These are not included in your cruise fare but are worth it if you want a kid-free dining experience. I have dined at Palo on previous cruises and it has been impeccable each time. The restaurant manager on the Dream, Dora, was wonderful and very personable. She made sure we were well taken care of – not an easy feat with fourteen women! Corrine was our server and was hands down the best server I have had at any restaurant anywhere. She was attentive without lurking, her recommendations could not have been better, she joked with us, took pictures, and really enhanced our experience.
3) Adult Only Lounges: Disney has several lounges and clubs that offer unique experiences at night. My favorite was Pink – Champagne and Wine Bar. This is the ultimate girlfriend lounge! The signature drink is pink champagne, but they offer many other champagne and wine options. This lounge is flanked by pink, gold, and clear glass hand blown bubbles, pink velvet chairs, and a pink piano!
2) Adult Only Entertainment: In addition to karaoke, shows, and games, Disney Cruise Line offers a variety of tastings (wine, beer, bourbon, martinis – to name a few) as well as a mixology course! These are priced incredibly well and are a lot of fun.
1) Serenity Bay: This adult-only beach is located on the north shore of Castaway Cay. It is extremely secluded and can be accessed by tram or walkway. The beach is away from the more active family beach, but still offers snorkeling, biking, inflatable rings and more. Private cabanas are also available for your group. Serenity Bay offers the perfect spot for relaxing, enjoying low-key water activities, and uncensored girl talk!
Disney Cruise Line was truly a remarkable experience without children. I felt like a Queen!! I have not been that relaxed in quite some time. I highly recommend Disney Cruise Line for your next all girl getaway. There are plenty of kid-free activities onboard, at Castaway Cay, and at select Ports. I cannot wait to start planning our next retreat and would love to assist you in planning your girlfriend trip! As always, my services are 100% complimentary.