Recently, I had the opportunity to visit Paradise. Well, Paradise Island in the Bahamas, but it’s pretty close to Paradise! You’ve seen this hotel in movies and on commercials. It’s made to look like as though it rose from the ocean. It’s a very large resort with beautiful architecture. There is some of the bluest water in the world in the Bahamas. One of my friends even called it “Aqua Marine” and I believe she is right! There are also some of the friendliest people there that I’ve ever encountered at the Atlantis! The staff at the Atlantis all seems so happy and it reflects in their service.
Here are some of the fun things to do when you stay there:
· Visit the Aquarium. The Atlantis has several aquariums that are almost like a maze to walk through. You can honestly lose yourself. There are amazing sea creatures like sharks, turtles, manta rays, goliath groupers, and smaller fish and conch shells. There are complimentary tours given by the aquarium staff.
· Play in the Water Park. There are all kinds of water slides and lazy rivers to enjoy! There is one that shoots you right through the shark tank and another that is almost a 90-degree drop. There is a lazy river and one that has rapids. There are kids’ pools and adult pools.
· Play on the beach. You know, the good old-fashioned sand between your toes, splashing in the ocean kind of fun! There are two beaches and there are chairs for you to relax in. You can even have shade instead of sun to protect you from sunburn.
· Swim with the dolphins! For a fee, of course, you can swim with the dolphins in either a shallow area or a deeper swim environment. I’ve done this before and words cannot describe the experience with these amazing creatures.
· Send your kids to the kids club and enjoy an evening out. They have video games, crafts, and dance parties. The teens I spoke to didn’t want to leave when it was time!
· Try your luck in the casino. There are games to be played, dice to be rolled, and slot machines to be spun. You’ll feel like you’re in Las Vegas and maybe you’ll get lucky!
· Shop! There are multiple gift shops and even some high-end shops that sell clothing and jewelry. Whether you’re looking for a t-shirt or a new Gucci wallet, you’ll find a store for you.
· Eat! There is in room dining available and a multitude of great restaurants with well-known chefs. I ate in Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill and Todd English’s Olives and loved them both!
· Relax in the Mandara Spa. This is always one of my favorite things to do while traveling. On our most recent trip, I had the Hot Stone Massage and it was wonderful!
· Enjoy free movies. The Atlantis has its’ own movie theater and they show up to three different movies each day. It rained while I was there so a free movie complete with popcorn and sodas was the best part of that day!
So, whether you’re looking for an adults only getaway or a family fun vacation, I recommend the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas!
My name is Jeri May and I would love to help you plan your next family or romantic getaway! Email me at Jeri@TravelwiththeMagic.com