Every time I mention Universal Orlando to a friend or a client, the first thing they say is, “I really want to see the Harry Potter attractions!” As a very Muggle-like Muggle, I had never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies until recently. When I found out that I would have the opportunity to go to Universal Orlando for a tour just for travel agents, I decided that I had better read the books and watch the movies so I’d know what those Harry Potter attractions were all about. I made it through the first couple books before I went and it made it so much more enjoyable!
If you or someone in your family is a Harry Potter fan, you must go to Universal Orlando Resort and see all they have to offer! They’ve worked closely with the author of the books to ensure their attractions look authentic and they’ve succeeded. I felt like I was on the set of one of the Harry Potter movies as I explored the two theme parks that contain the attractions.
Here is an overview of the Harry Potter attractions at Universal Orlando Resort:
- You should know that there are two theme parks at Universal Orlando- Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Both have The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Universal Studios has Diagon Alley and Islands of Adventure has Hogsmeade.
- Between the two parks runs the Hogwarts Express. You will need to have a Park-to-Park Ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express. That is the type of ticket that allows you entry into both parks and allows you onto the Hogwarts Express. I mistakenly thought the Hogwarts Express was a simple train ride, but let me assure you it’s so much more entertaining than that!
- Some of the main attractions in Diagon Alley are Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts– a multi dimensional thrill ride that puts you right in the middle of the action, Ollivanders– where you’ll see a wand choose a wizard, and Knockturn Alley– where a good wizard probably wouldn’t want to be seen.
- Meanwhile, over in Hogsmeade, you can experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which takes you inside the amazing castle, the Dragon Challenge- a high speed roller coaster that twists and loops, and the Flight of the Hippogriff– a roller coaster more my speed.
- You won’t go hungry while visiting the magical lands of Harry Potter. You can enjoy hearty British fare and a delicious, frothy Butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron or the Three Broomsticks and sample some unique ice cream flavors at Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour.
You’ll want to book your Universal Orlando Vacation Package with a travel agent like me who knows just the right package to ensure you enjoy all that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has to offer: Park-to-Park Tickets, Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and Breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron and the Three Broomsticks. Email me today and I’ll wave my wand and help make your Harry Potter wishes come true! Jeri@TravelwiththeMagic.com